Sunday, February 22, 2015

Newscenter 1's "Power of the Penny" is promotion, not news coverage


This is a one-sided puff-piece, not an example of journalism. 
   I would note that Mayor Kooiker says just fixing the ADA problems would cost $72 million. That is much higher than the $38 million I've seen elsewhere.
   The notion that the civic center would have to be shut down for 2 to 3 years to make the ADA fixes makes no sense to me.  I would like proponents of the expansion to explain why this would be.  Can't you fix, then stop a bit for a big event, then start again?  I'm confused on this point.
   Also, the fear that Sioux Falls would permanently scoop up any events that would otherwise come here is always a potential issue, regardless of whether the civic center closes for a time or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment